Have you ever sat there on a rainy fall day, where the air is cool and crisp, and wanted s’mores? How about any time of the year, when where you live doesn’t have any access to a fire for s’mores? We’ve managed to find the perfect solution!
So, when my parents took me camping when I was young, they always packed all the fixin’s for s’mores; but they were for me. We found a similar recipe on a box of cereal and ever since then, my mom always made these for every camping trip. I loved both and still to this day, love this recipe. It’s the perfect recipe when I’m craving s’mores on those cold winter days. It always brings a bit of summer weather feeling into the house.
Indulge in a bit of outdoorsy life brought to the indoor life. You’ll enjoy these and wonder why these aren’t more popular!
- 8 c. graham cereal
- 1 bag (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Grease a 13x9 pan. Pour cereal in a large bowl. Reserve 1 cup marshmallows.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter, sugar and water over low heat until completely melted. Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until completely coated. Mix in remaining marshmallows.
- Pour into greased pan and press firmly. Let cool for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve!