My husband loves Mexican food (especially nachos). Any way, shape or form! If there are any nachos around, he will eat them. Now, I’m not a huge fan of Mexican restaurants. For one, we always spend more money than the food is worth and two, most places just don’t taste that great. I’d rather make the food at home for a fraction of the cost (even with all organic ingredients) and it usually tastes way better than anything you could get in a restaurant!
So, one day (after being tired of my refusing to waste money on going to a Mexican restaurant), my husband decided to make nachos at home. He found this fabulous idea to use shredded chicken and add salsa for an amazing taste. Now the recipe has become a family favorite! It’s easy, simple, and inexpensive to make. We normally have all he ingredients at home to make this and it’s our go-to when we don’t know what to make for dinner.
Plus, it satisfies my husband’s craving for all things Mexican. He’s happy (good Mexican food), I’m happy (tasty food that’s cheap) and it makes for one happy dinner table.
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 lb. shredded chicken
- 1/4 c. salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread out a layer of chips on a baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet, combine chicken and salsa over medium-low heat.
- Stir until heated through.
- Sprinkle half of chicken mixture over the chips.
- Sprinkle half of the beans over the chicken.
- Add the last layer of chips, chicken and beans.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the nachos.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe is a great one to modify! Add more or less of the chicken, chips, beans and/or cheese. Whatever your family likes, just make it up that way! I tend to like it with more cheese and less chips, but my husband prefers it just the opposite, so sometimes we split the pan in half and we make each side to the way we like it.